Practice set for competitive exam
11th July – 16th July
1. Bandaru Dattatreya & Haryana : Former Minister of State for labour and Employment Bandaru Dattatreya has became the 18th governor of Haryana in the presence of Chief Justice Ravi Shanker Jha.
He succeeded Satyadeo Narin Arya.
2.Gurugram set up India’s first “Grain ATM” under the WFP (World Food Programme).
3. Rajnath Singh & AI: Defence Minister of India Rajnath Singh has launched an AI powered grievance management application with the help of IIT – Kanpur.
4. Karnataka & Bike Taxi scheme: Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa has launched Karnataka Electric Bike Taxi scheme 2021.
5. Babar Azam: Babar Azam has created anew record of became the fastest batsman to complete 14 ODI centuries.
6. Ladakh & Sikkim: Ladakh and Sikkim has signed MoU with Sikkim State Organic Certification Agency. It will implement Prampragat Krishi Vikas Yojana and Mission Organic Development initiative.
7. PM & Varanasi: PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated a convention center in Varanasi called ” Rudraksha”. It’s top roof is shaped like “Shiv Linga”
8. EV policy: Maharashtra Govt. has launched the new Electric vehicle policy 2021. Maharastra is the top most producer of Battery powered Electric vehicle in India.
9. RBI & Masters card: RBI has imposed restriction on MasterCard from adding new domestic customer.
10. IAHE & UNSW &CATTS: Indian Academy of Highway Engineers has signed a project called Centre of Advanced Transportation Technology and System(CATTS) with University of New South Wales.
1. Piyush Goyal: Piyush Goyal appointed as the Leader of house in Rajya Sabha. He belongs to NDA.
2. ISRO: ISRO successfully conducted 3rd test on Vikas engine that will launch the ambitious Gaganyaan Programme.
3. World Youth Skills Day: United Nations General Assembly announced 15th July as World Youth Skills Day. Theme: Reimagining Youth Skills Post-Pandemic
4. Union Cabinet approves the increment of DA(Dearness Allowance) to central government employees 17% to 28%.
5. New sports minister Anurag Thakur launched team India cheer song title ” Cheer4India: Hindustani way” for Tokyo Olympic, it has been created by AR Rahaman and Anayna Birla.
6. Manduadih railway station renamed as BSBS(Banaras Railway station)
7. Singapore has unveiled the world’s largest floating Solar Panel farms.
8.UAE has became the first GULF country to establish an embassy in Israel.
9. Deepak Kabra will be the first Indian gymnastics judge at Olympic 2021.
10. Union Cabinet decided to continue the scheme “National AYUSH Mission” for another five year.
11. India’s first National dolphin research centre will be establish at Patna.
1.Sher Bahadur Deuba has taken oath as Prime Minister of Nepal. Former prime minister of Nepal: KP Sharma Oli.
2. NTPC declared that it will set up India’s single largest solar park at Rann of Kutch.
3.Nirmala Sitharaman and Namgay Tshering has launched BHIM-UPI in Bhutan. This will provide UPI standards in Bhutan for QR payment system.
4. N.S Srinivasa Murthy has appointed as Honorary consul general of Vietnam for Karnataka. He is the owner of Managing partner of N.K Subbiah Setty & Sons.
5. Former Indian middle order batsman Yashpal Sharma passed away. He played in 1983 World Cup for India.
6. India will host 2026 World Badminton Championships. This is the 2nd time that India will be hosting the world championships.
7. VP Venkaiah Naidu received the book ” Urdu Poets and Writers – Gems of Deccan” written by J.S Ifthekhar.
8. National Research Centre on Yak has launched national policy for Himalayan yaks.
9. Indian Navy has received 10th Anti-Submarine warfare aircraft form US based company Boeing.
10. Nepal has signed a project called ” 679 megawatt Lower Arun Hydropower project “, it will cost 1.3 billion dollars.
11. NTPC has signed project in Ladakh to develop Green Hydrogen Mobility Project.
1. Abay Ahmed has been elected as the 4th prime minister of Ethiopia.
3. RBI has launched RBI Retail facility to maintain the Retail Direct Gilt account through online.
4. CM Yogi Adityanath has launched State’s population policy for 2021-2030 in Uttar Pradesh.
6. ICCR and Delhi University has decided to sign a MoU to set up “Bangabandhu Chair” at Delhi University.
8. India’s new Committee of Parliamentary affairs: Rajnath Singh, Committee on Accommodation: Amit Shah.
9. India PMO Narendra Modi has received the first copy of “The Ramayana of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji” written by Baljit Kaur Tulsi.
10. WHO has issued a global registry to track human genome editing.
1. Italy has won the title of UEFA European Football championship 2021 in London. Golden Boot: Christiano Ronaldo.
2. UP government has formulated proposal for population control bill.
3. Assam will create New Department for indigenous faith and culture to protect demography and culture from illegal immigrants.
5.Novak Djokovi and Ashleigh Barty won the title of Wimbledon men/women singles 2021 respectively.
7. Doyen of Ayurveda PK Warrier passed away in Kerala. He got Padmasree and Padma Bhushan.
1. World Population Day: 11th July
First time celebrated: 11th July. 1990
Theme for 2021: Rights and Choices are the answer: Whether baby boom or bust, the solution to shifting fertility rates lies in prioritising all people’s reproductive health and rights.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
He won Golden Boot in EURO 2020
He scored 5 goals
He scored most number of goals in the history of Euros
3. IDFC launches “Ghar Ghar Ration” scheme
Reason: This scheme is launched by IDFC for Covid-19 affected customers.
It will supply ration kits those customers(Income below Rs.50k)
4. LNG Facility Plant
Nitin Gadkari has launched India’s first Private LNG Facility plant at Nagpur.
LNG means Liquefied natural gas.
5. BDL and Akash missiles
BDL: Bharat Dynamics Limited has signed a contract paper with Ministry of Defence for manufacturing Akash Missiles.
Akash Missiles developed by DRDO(Defence Research and Development Organisation)
6. Abhimanyu Mishra: youngest chase master
Indian American prodigy Abhimanyu Mishra has achieved the record of “world’s youngest chess grandmaster”, He is now highest rated under 9 player in the world.
7. Thawarchand Gehlot : Karnataka Governor
Thawarchand Gehlot has became the 19th governor of Karnataka.
Former governor: Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala
He was the Minister for social justice and Empowerment at the centre.
8. Haiti president passed away
Haiti president Jovenel Moise passed away(53 years)
Reason: Assassination at his private residence
Haiti’s capital: POrt-au-Prince
9.IIT Madras and Sony
IIT Madras and Sony organised a national hackathon called :” SAMVEDAN 2021 – Sensing solutions of Bharat ”
10. Cryptogamic garden in Uttarakhand
India’s first cryptogamic garden establishes at Deoban,Uttarakhand.
Crytogamme: Hidden reproduction